Hmmm, a dramatic title for a post with no substance! Just to bring the Kayla story-arc to a close:
- After hiking on Monday, a cliff collapsed on the Sea-To-Sky highway (on the Tuesday) closing it for 5 days.
- It rained for a good part of the rest of the week. Gwen and Kayla did lots of shopping (Gastown, Pacific Centre, etc).
- Friday Kayla took us out to dinner, back to Shabusen. It was going rather well until Aidan … um, soiled himself. And the booth bench. And his shoes. Ugh. I got him all cleaned up and then Aidan and I drove home (and I tossed him in the shower) while Kayla and Gwen finished up and then walked home.
- Saturday we went to Lynn Canyon in the morning, and the Gwen and Kayla went to Playland that afternoon.
- To end out the day, Carla and Tomer (new engaged!) came over and we had a games night, mildly interrupted by the Festival of Light finale fireworks.
- And on Sunday, we put Kayla on the plane to head back to Nova Scotia. According to her mother, she arrived safe and sound … but overtired and excited.